IRG 2 FRG 1 – Organic Spin Valves/Spin Injection
The team conducting the studies of organic spin-valves includes: Liu, Miller, Raikh, Saam, Tiwari, Vardeny, Williams, Wojcik, and externally: X. Li and Shi. Also contributing to this research is post doc Charlie Zhang, as well as, graduate students Wei Jiang, Gene Siegel, David Magginetti, Ryan McLaughlin, and undergraduate student, Nathan Hickerson.
- Thorough investigation of spin injection in OSEC.
- Sagnac interferometer (Nguyen).
- Circularly-polarized light-emission (Pt-polymers).
- Material characterization of ferromagnetic electrodes.
- Hanle Effect (measured in transport): “smoking gun.”
- “All-organic” spin valve (organic ferromagnetic electrodes).
- Room-temperature GMR response.
- Investigate electric-field control of spin-current via Rashba-type spin-orbit coupling.